Downsized and out in Bristol and Somerset

Friday, February 04, 2005

Publisher in 'comes to senses' shock

No, I still haven't heard back from the people I was interviewed by before, but I have just been offered an interview by another magazine in the same company. Which is nice. I asked about the salary range and the top end of it is a whopping 70% of what I earned in London, so that's just about acceptable and I said yes. Haven't arranged a day yet though.
The downside is that it's a permanent job whereas the other one is maternity cover but hey, there's nothing to stop me leaving after eight months anyway I guess. And with mortgages and suchlike looming on the horizon, permanent employment is seeming unusually attractive.
Hmmmmn. Still, it's nice to be wanted and anyway I always make it a rule not to turn down a job before I've been offered it. In truth, though, I'm really hoping the other people offer me that job before I do this interview so I don't have to sit through it. And I don't know what the hell I'm going to wear, I don't have any smart clothes that still fit.

4 Comments:

Blogger Will said...

Congratulations! I should point out you were overpaid in London; it was the only way they could get anyway to work those hours at that magazine.

February 5, 2005 at 9:36 AM

 
Blogger Fizzwhizz said...

Keep those sour grapes to yourself young man. Just coz I got more than you did...

February 7, 2005 at 6:45 AM

 
Blogger Will said...

That's a fine way for you to repay me hiring AND promoting you!!! Sour grapes indeed.

February 7, 2005 at 9:47 AM

 
Blogger Fizzwhizz said...

oh - of course, yes we're both very grateful to Adrian for hiring us

February 9, 2005 at 5:50 AM

 

Post a Comment

<< Home