Downsized and out in Bristol and Somerset

Wednesday, January 19, 2005

Monsieur, there is a burrrmb

Ah, but of course it was Nina Myers. I mighda known that scheming bitch would be at the bottom of all this...

Still, who cares, now that Miguel's on the scene? Darn it, if you guys had told me about him I'd have watched this whole thing a lot sooner. Hummuna hummuna! He dresses like a 1991 British indie kid (why do American 'rock' people do this?), fights like Jean-Claude van Damme, had his own recording stuido, loves kids, isn't afraid to mess with the authorities, is happy to rush across town, leaving his place of work, just because his girlfriend gets a bit whiney on the phone and then when she says there's a nuclear bomb about to go off in Los Angeles, he believes her and (and this is the crucial point for me) helps her escape, rather than rushing back to his recording studio to save his guitars,which is undoubtedly what Prince Charming would do. And hell, I respect him for that, but you know, sometimes I dream...

Another thing: I'm up to 1pm now, and no one yet seems to have realised the comic potential of dropping in the classic "there's a bomb in the city!"/"a buh--!!"/"no, not a buh, a bomb" dialogue. What this show needs is Leslie Nielsen - dagnabbit, if I was dying of radiation poisoning and only had 12 hours to live, I could sure use him popping up to say "the encryption key? what is it?"/"it's a series of numbers and letters that would allow us to decipher the files we transferred to NSA, but that's not important right now".

3 Comments:

Blogger Fizzwhizz said...

Hehe. That's an American accent thing though isn't it. Like, every time they're shocked or surprised they say 'oh my guard'

January 21, 2005 at 2:34 AM

 
Blogger Fizzwhizz said...

Well, hell, it's back on soon, last night was the Series 4 prequel - I got v excited and set my TV to auto-change channel at the start, and settled down with knitting, even though I haven't watched Series 3 or the last third of Series 2 yet, and lo and behold, it was nothing more than a five-minute trailer. I feel very cheated.

If by Taliban Barbie you mean the chirpy blonde who becomes an evil turrrrrrrrst assassin every time she puts on a black wig, then yes, and she is absolutely my favourite character, after Sheri Palmer who is the best female baddie on TV since Alexis Colby. I can't believe we are expected to swallow the idea that President Palmer manages to run the USA but still can't spot that his ex-wife might be telling him lies. I love it.

January 24, 2005 at 2:57 AM

 
Blogger الشهاب said...

شركة تنظيف بالجبيل

January 15, 2020 at 12:57 AM

 

Post a Comment

<< Home