Downsized and out in Bristol and Somerset

Monday, January 24, 2005

Just a few informal words...

Yay! I've got a job interview tomorrow. It's for six months' or so maternity cover at a place in Bath, so it's ideal.
They've asked me in for an "informal chat, just to get to know me a bit and so I can find out what they're about", so obviously I'll be preparing a full presentation and taking in quadruplicate copies of my CV and cuttings. I won't be falling for the old "informal chat" line again, that's for sure, not like the time I went somewhere for an "informal chat, just to rubber-stamp your appointment" and ended up facing the most horrendous job interview I've ever done with some woman whohadn't read my CV, seemed to think I was some second-jobber who should be begging for the privilege of joining her magazine and kept saying things like "so, you're moving out of London for a different pace of life, that means you won't be willing to work after 5pm, then, does it?".
The bloke on the phone sounded nice, but the thing is that a West Country accent makes everyone sound cuddly and loveable so I expect he'll actually be some super-charged uber-efficient type. Which is actually probably a good thing if I'm going to be working for him coz there's nothing worse than working for a nob-jockey.
Anyway I'm v pleased. Even if I don't get the job, which is highly likely, it's encouraging to have an interview.

1 Comments:

Blogger Will said...

Everything crossed ... well done!

January 27, 2005 at 3:05 AM

 

Post a Comment

<< Home