Downsized and out in Bristol and Somerset

Tuesday, February 22, 2005

Help me, Obi-wan Kenobi

I've got quite a bit of work to do at the moment, so what better time to piss about on the internet finding a new photo for my profile (right)? I'm a bit bored of the princess cake, so I decided to go for the best princess ever: ass-kickin' robo-babe , feminist icon and an early role model for me and many other women who grew up with brothers in the late 1970s/early 1980s. Let's face it, Luke wouldn't have survived through the first reel if it wasn't for her; and then, while he's pissing about "finding himself" by waving a big shiny stick around, she's getting on with fighting evil and generally getting stuff sorted out, like women through the ages before her and plenty of women to come after her.
Plus she got to shag Han Solo and we'd all like a go on that, wouldn't we.
And while I was looking, I found this. How cool? I need one.
This is just weird though. And slightly pervy in a way I can't quite define.

4 Comments:

Blogger Fizzwhizz said...

Wow! Happy birthday in triplicate! And yes I had a great time. I'm going to get round to writing about what's happened to me inthe past week or so when I can free my hands up from stuffing junk food into my mouth.

And no, the jellies were orange (with mandarin segments in) and pink.

March 3, 2005 at 6:37 AM

 
Blogger Joju said...

Oh! You moved out of London! Well done. It's quiet, isn't it? Lovely.

April 27, 2005 at 8:18 AM

 
Blogger Fizzwhizz said...

Well goodness me, I go away for 18 months and look I've got 9 comments. Thankyou Ben Price, but I already have a degree so I don't need one of yours.

Margaret Andres: I don't believe you'v read my blog, and anyway your incorrect use of the word 'inquisitive' means I will never, ever go to yours. Sorry, love.

Answer-man: I am very happy that the keyword 'handbag' got you to my blog because, as you may have noticed, I quite like them. How sad that your comment got cut off halfway through and is now lost, like my second-to-last mobile phone. Still, cheers all the same.

September 1, 2006 at 5:17 AM

 
Blogger Fizzwhizz said...

Oh dear, Answer Man, you are a weird bible site thing. Oh well. Jesus wore a dress and I guess he needed somewhere to carry his lippy and that, too, so maybe he liked handbags as much as me.

September 1, 2006 at 5:19 AM

 

Post a Comment

<< Home