Downsized and out in Bristol and Somerset

Wednesday, November 03, 2004

Feeling a bit better

I'm now back in Bristol with a week off the dreaded London slog and therefore feeling much better, particularly as Ringo and Prince Charming are very pleased to see me and being very nice (well, actually PC has disappeared upstairs to play Max Payne 2 and Ringo is asleep on the floor cushion but I'm taking this all as signs of welcome).
Anyway thanks for all the messages of support (well, all two of them anyway) and you are all (er, both) right, I should keep my chin up etc and I am trying to. I got offered seven days' work at a very good rate today which has cheered me up quite a bit, although it is in London, but never mind, at least it means I don't have to take any other work for a while. Roll on that first novel.
AND the Megabus was really quick today and got me home half an hour early! Truly I must have done something to please the gods.
In fact I am so up-cheered that I have added a photo to my profile. The suspicious-minded among my readers, or indeed the many of you who have actually met me, may spot that it's not actually a picture of me, although I really, really would like to have a skirt made entirely out of cake. Barbie truly is the luckiest girl in the world, isn't she? Not to mention having breasts that have stayed pert for more than 50 years. I hope the people at cool-cakes.co.uk don't mind me using the photo, but I did a google search on "princess" pictures and theirs was the best one that came up so I hope they will take it as a compliment (there was a lot of anime stuff too of course, but I'm so over anime, aren't you?).

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home