Downsized and out in Bristol and Somerset

Tuesday, October 12, 2004

So, farewell then, London

Well. Here I am in a flat that's empty apart from a computer and some horrible furniture that belongs to the landlord. Prince Charming is already in Bristol, so is the cat; all that's left is a load of cleaning and to give the keys back the day after tomorrow. I don't even have a bed because Lord Benthal has just been round and helped me throw out the horrible, horrible, horrible, horrible, horrible, horrible, horrible futon that PC and I have been sleeping on for the last couple of years (I have managed to persuade him that because we are actually going to be living somewhere bigger than a fag packet, we should invest in a correspondingly large bed).
It's been quite a while since my last confession, and a fair bit has happened: I've been getting lots of freelance work and we have officially moved to a three-bedroom house in Bristol that costs £150 less a month to rent than this pokey little one-bedroom flat in Hackney. We also had a glorious and very messy send-off party at Benthal Towers with a Wild West theme.
So far, so good; it's all going to plan but you never know what's round the corner - I am still pretty freaked out about leaving all but 2 of my friends behind in London and having been within walking/cycling distance of them all for many years, it's going to be quite a shock to the system.
I hope it turns out OK.

1 Comments:

Blogger Will said...

I have updated the relevant links.

Welcome back!

October 14, 2004 at 5:23 AM

 

Post a Comment

<< Home